Sunday, September 4, 2011

Across the...What?

I love videogames. My recent, biggest videogame obsession has been the Mass Effect series. It has the richest story, characters, etc I have ever seen in a game. I could go on for a while, but I wouldn't want to bore you. At least not in one post. I shall spread it out :)

A brilliant idea suddenly burst into my head. I decided I would franken some polishes inspired by the Mass Effect game series.

I quickly pulled out a notebook and began writing down name ideas and brainstorming color options. I wrote, and wrote, and wrote some more...before I knew it, I had brainstormed over 60 different colors! My creativity has a habit of getting away from me.

I had the plans for one polish that I would call "Embrace the Sea." It's a quote from one of your [sexy] squadmates...after he kills someone O_o

So I had this idea for the polish and that was when I saw this:



DEBORAH LIPPMANN HAD BEATEN ME TO IT! Grr! But, being the stubborn mule that I am, I went ahead and made the polish anyway. Besides, another MUAer asked me for a bottle and even sent me the glitters to make the polish.

Since DL's version is called "Across the Universe," I decided a deliberate jab was in order...




This is "Across the Sea." The base polish is Wet n' Wild Nocturnal (which I am STILL upset at WnW for discontinuing!)

Apparently Deborah Lippmann and I share a brain or something, because some of our polishes look similar...

No comments:

Post a Comment