Saturday, October 1, 2011

In A Rut

I made two new frankens today. I'm not too happy with them. I'm not sure why, exactly, but they're just not how I envisioned them. Part of me thinks that it's because I told myself  "I WILL franken today!" and kind of forced these frankens out of myself. Another part of me thinks that I was just high off fumes because I was making some polishes to send out and wasn't used to the scent anymore haha.

The other part of me just thinks I'm still cranky because I watched the Rangers get stomped on in Game 1 of the ALDS. It's probably a mixture of all three. I'll sleep on it and see how I feel about them tomorrow.

Oh, and about the franken in my last post...the loose copper glitter I used bled, so now the polish is murky and the glitter is now silver. *flips a table*

Luckily, I found a replacement glitter that I already know won't melt or bleed in polish. If only I'd found it sooner. Such is the world of a frankener.

Anyway, here's a NOTD:


China Glaze Skyscraper from their Metro collection. It's a beautiful navy blue loaded with silver glitter. I decided to add some little silver crystal stars I bought from a local beauty supply as an accent on one nail. It wasn't until after I had put topcoat over them that I realized how patriotic this mani ended up looking haha.

I may post pictures of my unloved frankens from today a little later. We'll see how I feel about them. hopefully I end up liking them, as I really don't feel like cleaning out any more bottles. I could honestly pay someone to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment